does any one have cf and have a child on here ?? please answer honestly

rainingglass101

Asked by rainingglass101 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• what is cf??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Cystic Fibrosis? I think it is rare for a CF patient to have a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• a friend of mine has it and wasn't supposed to live past 5 years old, she 26 and just had a lung transplant. she finds out this week if she's able to have kids...

Sorry hun, I can't help ya on this one!!! If I hear of anyone i'll send them your way!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• With a Cystic Fibrosis patient, it is very difficult to have a healthy pregnancy, but not impossible. The important part is the carrier aspect. They must make sure the partner is not a carrier, otherwise the child could also be CF +. I have known two in my life. A little girl I used to babysit for who died at the age of 11 and a friend who died when he was 17.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2009