Acne problems

So I've had acne ever since I got my first period, sometimes it's nothing other times I feel like I look like a pizza. I'm 17 weeks along and I know I'm not supposed to use salicylic acid for it... But I was wondering if benzoyl peroxide is safe to use during pregnancy. It's in the stuff I used a few years ago that worked amazingly well for my skin. I'm gonna ask my doctor but does anyone think there'll be a problem with it?

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ask the Dr. I am not sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i was told that we can use the acid stuff, not the peroxide. . .

now i'm confussed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i never heard you couldn't use either and i'm an aestheticion all i know is you can't use bleaching creams like hydroquione. good to know cause i'm just totally breaking out and need to know.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• ok... I know this is gross. A doctor told me to get a washcloth extremely hot, ring it out, pee on it and scrub your face or wherever you have acne. I did it, and it went away after three days. Like I said, GROSS. but it works
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 3:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer. Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009