birthday party invitations?

I'm giving my son a Disney/Pixar Cars themed 1st birthday party. I want the invitations to look like NASCAR tickets. I saw some people selling them on ebay and I think they are cute, but I don't have a lot of money. So I was wondering how I can make this kind of thing myself. I guess I'd need a program or something? Please help! Thank you! Here is the link to the tickets I like: (copy and paste link)

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARS-DISNEY-MCQUEEN-TICKET-BIRTHDAY-PARTY-INVITATION_W0QQitemZ110393953884QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b3fe0e5c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A2103%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1307%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 12:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• don't know how you'd make them yourself w/o a program meant to do so. but those are cute
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• oh no wait, maybe you could scan in a real ticket stub from a concert or something you went to. then copy paste a pic on it and change the words?
    vabchmommy

• It would cost as a ton in ink to print these off on your personal computer. There are programs you can buy to make invites. Good luck
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If you have Microsoft Office Publisher or Power point you could do these yourself. Use the EBAY pic as a guide for you. Cut and paste Cars from the internet into the ticket for the background. Yours (or mine for that matter) wouldn't be as graphic as what's on ebay, but it will probably look pretty cute. Add the text. Print them on paper a little thicker than normal print paper or photo paper so that they are thick like tickets. Print 4 or 5 on a 8 1/2 by 11.

If you can't print them all on your printer, you can do one good print, and take them to a copy shop.

If you don't know anything about using powerpoint or publisher it might be tough. If you know someone who does have them do it for you. I always make birthday invites out for my brother, nieces, nephews, and cousins when they ask.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 1:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If you have patience im sure you could make one with whatever programs you have on your computer (microsoft) .. make it up & print it out on a good quality scrapbooking paper. maybe spend a few bucks on special scissors or something...
    If you have never been visit your local scrapbooking / paper crafts stores (hobby lobby, michaels, joannes-some are just for sewing though... ect) and you will get some AMAZING ideas!
    good luck!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• This is simple enough to do with MS word and google images. contact me directly if you need help; I could put this together in about ten minutes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Hey! I sell those ebay myself and I have a website. Smrpartywear.com and your right they do charge really high prices on ebay for them. I only charge $5.00 and you can print them out at your local photo lab. You can print as many as you want! You have to use a high graphics program. Adobe Photoshop. Its a very pricey program! If you look at my profile you will see some of the invitations I have created. I would be more than happy to do a custom design for you at no extra charge! Just let me know! Thanks ~Stacey~
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2009