Would you want to know if you were going to die tomorrow?

If you was going to die tomorrow would you want to know? If you did know what would you want to do before you died? Or would you not want to know, then why?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont think i'd want to know. It would devestate me. I would spend the day freaking out because someone would need to take care of my boys. And my older boy isnt even fully adopted yet so he would most likely go back to the sysytem. And my DH is in Iraq. I'd like to kiss him one last time. Or touch him. Or even just look into his eyes.

No. If i was going to die tomorrow i'd rather not know.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i don't think i'd want to know b/c i'd be waiting for it every minute. but if i did know, i'd make sure to hug my kids and give them lots of love and kisses and tell them i'd always be w/them no matter what. and i'd do the same with my husband and i'd want to say good bye to my siblings too. so if i knew than i'd do that, but i'd rather not and just live life to the fullest every day that way theres no regrets.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• OutstandingLove, your responce made my eyes water, damn it
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If I was going to die tomorrow, then no. If I was going to die in a month then yes. There is not enough time if you are dying tomorrow to do anything but freak out about it. There is enough time to come to grips with it if you have longer and then you can prepare for it. I would make videos for my kids, I would tell my story if it could help somebody else not die from what is going to kill me.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• WHAT HAPPENED TO JON BENET RAMSEY
    RUSTI44

Answer by RUSTI44 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• yes
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would definitely want to know so that I could at least have one more evening with my son. I would play that new game he has been begging me to play with him but I keep telling him I'll play it tomorrow. I would order him the pizza he always wants me to but I say we have no money. I would go through photo albums with him so that he will remember who everone is. I would call his dad and beg him to sign a paper saying he will let Alex go to my cousin in Sacramento who has come to visit him more often then his dad has and he only lives a 1/2 hour away. I would make a quick will and testament to make sure my son gets my house and all the important things I want him to have. Then I would fall asleep next to my son for one last time.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would try to have as many family members around me as possible, my closest especially, and just party and bullshit until I took my last breath. I would of course take some time to sit with certain people, but I wouldn't knowingly spend my last days being somber or anything. I would want to live it up while I still could!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would want to know so I could call everyone and tell them goodbye and that Id be waiting in Heaven for them. Id want to spend every last minute with my husband and kids and die with their arms around me. *sigh* this hits a cord, my best friend, Melissa, is losing her battle to cancer and its only a matter of time :(
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 1:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Mom2SKMB sorry to hear about your friend. May her time here be kind to her.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2009