ONCE YOUR IN A MARRIAGE DOES THE SEX REALLY DIES DOWN?

OR IS THIS A MYTH

nisi48

Asked by nisi48 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• i don't think its the marriage part i think that just after awhile the sex starts to slow down a bit. and for every relationship its different. for mine it started to die down a bit after about 2 yrs of being married. but hes also navy so it has its major ups and downs. when he gets home from deployments its much more often than when hes been home for a few months
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Me & Dh *Dated* for 9yrs ----Been married for 1 ---- This OCT will be our 10yr ann of being together ... Our sex life was NOT effected by getting married. The only thing ever to effect our sex life was having a baby... & the only thing that has changed onces i took his last name was legal stuff...
    Having a baby made sex less frequent sometimes... BUT it brought us to a totally new emotional level, its amazing! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Been married almost 10yrs...for us it varies. Sometimes we can't get enough of each other...LOL! We will do it all day every day for weeks if we could. And then sometimes we are just like 'eh...I'm not feeling it'. But, even if you're not having sex, I think it's still important to be close to each other so we sleep in the nude and try to just touch and kiss a bit every night. Usually that's all it takes to get us revved up...LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'd say having a baby does
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We did not have sex until marriage. We have been married almost 11 years and we still have sex daily sometimes twice. It did slow down during pregnancy and for a few months after delivery. Other than that we are both pretty insatiable. I am 37 he is 38.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Babies, illnesses and age will all do it. The marriage certificate won't.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• mine did. It's like "ok I have her so I don't have to tend to her needs anymore." How sad is that?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It's true if you let it. I'm married 19 years and we still go at it at least once a day. We never let that so called honeymoon phase end.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i would say yes, it's not a bad thing it's just especially when you're lives get really busy you don't have alot of time. Of course the good marriages make time no matter what. But, you certainly aren't doing it like you we're before. It's just one of those transitions we all make as time goes on.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• god no. dh and i will be 20 years in dec. and we still do it atleast 6 nights a week. i just keeps getting better and better.
    lizzy-k

Answer by lizzy-k at 9:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009