Stray cat had kittens

I noticed on one of the kittens there looks like there might be flea eggs*not sure though* also on the claws there looks like there was shell like stuff covering them. i was wondering if that is normal? Its only on one of the kittens, just want to make sure they are all okay. any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

Stefani22

Asked by Stefani22 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pets

• I've never seen flea eggs... but I have seen a cat covered in lice eggs... I'd get it and check the hair, see if you can find lice... as for the claws, I'd bet it was dirt or something the kitty was digging in and it dried then came off.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my cats shed an outer layer of the claws every once in a while. Its like a shell of a claw... and flee eggs are just little black dots. So if thats what your seeing then thats what it is.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Is there a rescue organization who can take them? We have a cat shelter in our neighborhood; they take some cats in; the really feral ones they catch, fix, notch their ears, and release.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm going to take care of kittens till i can put them up on craigs list for people to take. I dont want them going to an animal shelter. The dots on kittens claws look like they went away so im hoping its all good now. The mommy didn't have any sign of fleas or anything cause my husband bathed her before we let her free in the house.
    Stefani22

Answer by Stefani22 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• flea eggs feel like dirt grit. i had a cat that was so infested with flea in in just one spot on her back that i had to shave a little square patch on her every summer to get rid of them...she really seemed releived when i did it...weird right?
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009