What do you consider verbal abuse??

I normally don't ask "what do you think" questions but another post, where I was "bashed" got me thinking. The post said what would you do if you were called a bitch by your boyfrien and blah blah blah...Well, to me, if your being a bitch than you should be called one. I don't think that's verbal abuse. I don't see why women think just because their women should be treated like little princess'. Doesn't that go agaisnt the women's movement? We fight for equality then get pissed when a man calls us a name. Makes it seem like we're helpless. Am I the only one that thinks like this? I'm not saying it's not a big deal, but if your being one than your going to be called on by anyone, man or woman. Right?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 1:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is verbal abuse still because the woman doesn't deserve to be called a name by someone that claims to love them. He can say honey please can you calm down lets talk it out. But to call someone a mean name is abusive and shouldn't be tolerated or accepted as OK in any way shape or form.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I can't recall how many times I have been called a bitch. Most of the times I was in fact being a bitch and I have thick skin so I didn't go crawl up in a ball in the corner and cry. So,sara, I agree 100% with you.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• What if that man doesn't love you? It's ok then? It's just a name, not like hitting you. If ya'll want to be treated like delicate little flowers shouldn't you go somewhere they give a damn?

Why thank you Princess.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't think the womens movement called for being verbally abused. I never called my husband a dick when we were married. If a couple is going back and forth calling each other bitches and assholes then what are the kids gonna learn......."When I grow up and my wife acts moody or mean, I get to call her a bitch"!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Verbal abuse is ANYTHING that causes that person to feel hurt. If being called a bitch doesn't affect one woman but it does the next, then that next woman is being VERBALLY ABUSED.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Gigi, I think this may be one of the times we've disagreed....Nobody should fight in front of their kids whether or not it's name calling or what. But if your acting like one, your going to be called one.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Your welcome Sara!!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think if it depends on the guy honestly. Like my SO is Bipolar and being calling a bitch comes with the territory, especially because most of the time he doesn't actually mean it. Now if his brother called me a bitch to my face I'd punch his teeth out. I don't think bitch is verbal abuse though, I think when they start adding stuff on it then it is. Like he's called my a fat stupid bitch before, and promptly apologized for it because he knew it was uncalled for when he finally came back down.
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My SO && I don't believe in name calling. But I will say, "you're acting like an ass." or he will say, "you're being itchy". I just don't see how anyone can cuss someone like a dog, whether they're mad or not, if they really are in love.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Gigi I very seldom disagree with you also, but I do see this differently then you. I pay no attention when someone calls me a bitch other then to tell them that is Mrs Bitch to you. My huband and I do not argue or fight, as he knows I would drop kick his ass..LMAO
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009