• In the Spotlight:

Would you go back to a church where the pastor didn't shake your hand?

Two times it happened the associate pastor and the pastor reached for my husbands hand and not mine is that rude or what?I like the church so I will go back just need encouragement to try to not take it personal.I think they were so willing to shake my husbands hand because men make more money than women and they're trying to build their own church and money is on their minds. For Christians and sincere comments please thankyou.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 1:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• you have to think of it as there shaking your hubbys hand for the both of you.. Maybe they dont want to do it because your right with your hubby.. Guys shake guys hands and girls shake girls hands at my church i would not be mad.. I would think that respected my hubby enough not to do that...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I am not a Christian. But if you decide to go back to this chruch i might bring it to their attention that that was very rude. Especially in this day and age where more and more men are becoming SAHDs.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would find it hard to accept being treated that way, even though we are taught that by taking offense, we open the door to sin. We hug our pastors AND their wives, because we LOVE them. The love is what drew us in to the church we attend (Assembly of God) and kept us coming back. I understand that some pastors are stand-offish about even shaking a wife's hand, for fear of it causing the husband to get offended. I can't explain beyond this possibility.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It was really sad how they rushed over to meet and shake my husbands hand and then they walked right passed me.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The next time I go,I'm going to take notice if they are shaking other womens hands and then I will judge them.I'm pretty sure they are.I'd hate to believe it but I secretly think they don't like me because we are the type that don't make alot of money and they're not wasting their time with me.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i wouldn't take it personal he is probably traditional i wouldn't leave because of it
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with that church, but it's definitely something you'll have to decide for yourself.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009