is it true that if you.......

wear a tight top or bra that you will lose your milk?

i bought a madela nursing bra and i got it in small through email cause it;s much cheaper but it really tight. my concern though is if it's to tight i will lose my milk. my other concern is that right now my breast are larger but after the engorgement stage they usually go down fast even with breast feeding. so should i keep them or go to a medium size? i also thought i should keep one small and then exchange the other for a medium one. so i could use the smaller when they go down but keep the medium for when i'm larger. just need to know if that is true about the milk lose if bra to tight. thanks ladies

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if there is pressure on your breasts it will decrease adn can stop milk.
    when my babys were first born wehn they nursed i had to put pressure on the other boob to stop it from spraying milk every where and it worked. i would go with a bigger size if it was me
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 1:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• not email but ebay...duh what up with my head.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If you can return it I would go a size or two biger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• with my first i didn't try breast feeding and was told to wear a tighter bra and that would help to make the milk dry up faster. that if i was to wear a lose fitting bra or no bra for some reason it would take longer for my milk to dry up. and they binded my chest in an ace bandage while in the hospital.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009