• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone tried using the Baby Whisperer to help get their child to sleep on their own?

My 13 month old takes forever to put down to sleep and he has to sleep with me and be near me to stay asleep. I have 2 other kids, so this is making my life impossible. He wasn't always like this and I have been looking for ways to get him back into good sleep habits with out going to cry it out. I checked out the BabyWhisperer and wondered if anyone else had success or failure using it? Any advice is welcome as well. Thanks mamas!

Galdarisimom

Asked by Galdarisimom at 1:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have not. But i have heard that "The Happiest Baby on the Block" or "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" are very good books for recomending how to get your child on an easy sleeping routine. I have not read the books myself but they have been highly recomended to me by many parents.

Also, stay away from Baby Wise. Not only do i personally not like what the book contains but the AAP is also anti Baby Wise.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The babywhisperer is a non cry it out method. You pick them up when they cry and put them down when they stop and stay with them and comfort them verbally throughout the whole process. I am not sure what babywise is, but it doesn't sound good if the AAP says to not do it as well. I will look into Happiest baby on the block. Thanks for the suggestion and the warning.
    Galdarisimom

Answer by Galdarisimom at 1:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2009