would u leave ur hubby if he cheated on u?

even if u been with him for 10 yrs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I would not.
    I love my husband and if he cheats on me that means there is something wrong with our marriage. Not him, not me. But with us. He needs something and isnt communicating to me correctly (maybe he doesnt know what he needs or he knows what he needs but has had no success making it clear to me how important it is) AND i am not giving him whatever it is he needs.

I like the book "The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate". VERY good book. loved it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• YES. I have discussed it with him time and again. If he cheats he is out the door. There is nothing worse for the ego than a cheating husband. I have told mine if he wants to be with somebody else, that is fine, divorce me first! We both agree on that point.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i want to say i would, but i think it would depend on the circumstances, if it was a one time thing and he admitted to it and wanted to work through it i might try. but i feel very strongly in that if it was a "relationship" that he had ongoing with another woman we'd be done. i feel the same way nathskitten does, if you want to leave me and be with someone else thats fine, but divorce me and save me and our kids the hurt of cheating on us. i would give him the same courtesy if i wanted to be with someone else.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I know people make mistakes and I think i may be able to forgive, but never forget..and I know it wouldn't work out if I was always worried if he would do it again. Depends as well if you found out from him..if he made a mistake and was sorry. or if you found out another way and he didn't want to be truthful with you. So I guess, no.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I WOULD! I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TRUST HIM ANYONE. THAT IS THE ULTIMATE DISRESPECT. EVEN IF WE DECIDE TO WORK IT OUT I WOULDN'T LOOK AT HIM THE SAME WAY I DID BEFORE. IT WOULD BE SO HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS FROM THAT POINT ON.
    nisi48

Answer by nisi48 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• ..i mean yes!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yes vabchmommy makes a good point about the difference between and one night stand and a relationship.

However, my answer remains the same. Although there might be a lot of different emotions attached to an ongoing affair vs a single night fling. I think marriage requires a lot of work. And i think it's worth doing what it takes to keep love with you, and i believe working these things out teaches valuable lessons to your children.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Me & DH will be together for 10yrs in OCT (dated 9. Married 1)..... It would depends on ALOT of things! But I think all-in-all I would try our best to work it out if that is what we BOTH wanted...

I agree with above poster 5 Lang of Love is a must have book! Also the movie FireProof & do the challenge if ever needed --- but we wont do it before, hopefully we never need it! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i always said i would, but he did and i didnt leave. made for some bad decisions on both parts for a while but we did work it all out and got to a better place
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 1:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would try to work it out if he was sorry and wanted to work on the marriage. But if he was a serial cheater I would have to leave. I guess you don't really know unless you're in that situation. I may lose respect for him and look at him differently or hate him so much I had to leave. I guess I'd give it my best shot to work things out and see what happens.
    mamawilson112

Answer by mamawilson112 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2009