For those who co-sleep..

does your baby just have his or her own spot in the bed or are they cuddled up next to you?

Which do you think is better?

My son is always snuggled up to me.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has his own spot - if you consider the entire bed his spot lol. He gets laid down in the center of the mattress, but he's a tosser just like me, so he'll literally sit up in his sleep and just flop down. Once he had his head on his father's back and his feet on mine. Cute, but horribly uncomfortable. I've never thought co-sleeping to be dangerous. Even when my son was a newborn I couldn't see how someone could roll over on to their child, or at least a mother anyway. I am a VERY sound sleeper, and have slept through him wailing away in his crib - 4ft away from my head. Put him in the bed with me and every time he makes a noise I am wide awake. For our family, co-sleeping is probably safer.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 10:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• she has her own spot. every now and then she will cuddle next to me. only when i am 1/2 awake though
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 1:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I know it's dangerous to snuggle up with your baby but I couldn't get her to sleep any other way. I'm a very lite sleeper and i had pillows set up so I could hold her and not let my arms slip.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• well we used to cosleep all the time, and he slept all over the bed (because i sleep all over the bed haha) but now that he's squirmy and crawl-y, he has a port-a-crib next to the bed. i nurse him and then put him back in there, but sometimes i'm too lazy and i just nurse him and fall asleep with him next to me :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• He just sleeps next to me or we fall asleep nursing. When he was younger he had trouble breathing and I was so worried I wouldn't hear or feel him struggling if he wasn't right there by my side.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• when my son was very young, from the time I brought him home until about 6 weeks or so, the only way he would sleep was on my chest. Which was fine b/c I don't move at all in my sleep anyway. I have always woken up in the exact same position I went to sleep in. lol
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• he sleeps in my arms and snuggles up with me i have co slept with both my boys my hubby sleeps on the couch cuz he snores sooo loud so its just me and the baby and sometimes my 5 yr old sneaks in by us to cuddle up
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i am the same way bluelady they never had breathing problems but i have always been afraid of sids or they would just stop breathing it freaks me out so i feel more comfortable with them snuggled up in my arms
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Own spot. The only time that she snuggles up to me is to wake me up. Its a very nice way to wake up though!!
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 2:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• When he was very little he would cuddle right up next to me, but now that he is bigger and honestly seems to take up more room on the bed than we do he gets his own space or spot on the bed between me and the wall
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2009