• In the Spotlight:

coping with depression while pregnant?

Im six monthes along with our first, a little man due in sept. My husband and I are both active military and are currently stationed apart. I am in San Diego and he is in Virginia. A situation that didnt occur until I was two months pregnant. I just feel so alone without him! I cant stop crying. Im so lonely. I have no family or friends out here. Its hard to feel happy about anything anymore. Does anyone have any advice? I know its not good for our little man but I cant seem to help it.

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 1:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should talk to your doctor about depression. It is not good for you or your baby to be depressed during your pregnancy. Rather than focusing on having to apart from your husband try to think about haw beautiful your baby is going to be and what it will be like to hear your babies first cry. I had mild depression during my pregnancy, and those things helped. I also walked a lot when I had some spare time. Taking in fresh air and planning for the future can help. But definitely talk to your doctor. You also can take birthing classes. That will put you in contact with other mothers and people who you can talk with. Hang in there. You can PM if you want to talk as well.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 5:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• it helps a lot to talk about it, if you need someone to talk to im here, i have depression im 7 months pregnant, so we have some things in common, i have depression from my fiance passing away in march when i was 13 weeks pregnant..
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 3:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2009