what are some things you do to try to help conceive?

i have been trying to conceive my 2nd baby for over a year now. i have not used any birth control since a year and a half before my son was born in feb 2007. so i was just wondering what you ladies have tried and what worked to get you your BFP. thanks.

loves2read

Asked by loves2read at 1:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you pay attention to your ovulation? (i assume you do)
    Eating right. Not smoking ...all the basics. (i assume you do that too).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I made sure I was really healthy. Also not worrying about it will deffinately help. Try new positions. make sure the dad is not wearing any tight panties or jeans because the sperm will not live long once made if they are. Make sure the dad is very healthy, no smoking, drinking etc. I heard that if you do missionary and then put ur legs up so that ur pelvis is tilted up the ejaculation will travel easier and faster thru the cervix to an egg if u have ovulated. And "doggie style" helps the penis travel in further so the legs in the air is not necessary
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Caffeine (chocolate, coffee, etc) is believed to make the sperm swim faster, which will give the sperm the boost it needs to reach the egg. My dd is living proof of this theory. Tell ur hubby to consume some type of caffeine 20 minutes b4 u decide to do it, gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• eating healthy...exercise...not smoking...or drinking...try taking a prenatal vitamin...alot of luck, a little prayer...try not to worry about because stress can hinder fertility....having alot of sex!!!!!(DUH!) BUT HAD TO ADD IT!lol Try different positions, but avoid any standing positions or where the sperm can come back out easily.................................................
    ................................................................................................................................................................................
    GOOD LCUK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2009