How likely is it

for me to get pregnant on my first try?

DH and i were going to TTC in July. But life has changed so our plans have changed. But i'd rather not use regular BC and condoms are out of the question.
I have thought about other methods such as spermicide, daigphrams (sp) ect ect. But i have no idea how effective they are and i dont know how to use them. (I do plan on going to the womans clinic and getting some and getting instructions on how to use them).

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:04 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It depends on how much you do not want another baby. People use the pull and pray method sometimes for years and not get pregnant. The same goes for natural family planning method. These are both only good forms of BC if you are not going to be really angry if you get pregnant. Both have about a 75% success rate.
    Otherwise, talk to the women's health clinic and they can help you make the best choice. I have an IUD and LOVE it. Since you have not given birth yet, it may not be for you. We used condoms for ten years and only got pregnant when we said whatever happens, happens.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• diagphrams are very unformaortable at times. Even though I knew how to indert one it would always get in the way. why not BC? I did depo shot before I got pregnanct and the only affect was I went up a bra size, but it is diff for all. But Spermacides are pretty simple but if you do a foam or sponge it'll make sex delay way longer than a condom would. If you dont want to get prego u could try an IUD.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• No regular BC because i'd only be using it for 2 weeks. That's how long his R&R is. And then i wouldnt want the BC any more because as soon as his Iraq tour is over we will be TTC.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Diaphrams are great! I started using one at 19. No hormones, no side effects, instantly reversible, no class action suits.
    You do need to have a certain level of comfort with your body.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think it's highly likely to get pregnant on your first try, if everything is normal.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 10:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my second child and got pregnant on the first try both times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2009