What was the weirdest job you have ever had?

I think my wierdest was being a nanny for a sahm. I could not figure out why she needed a nanny. (She was forever shopping...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was 19 a friend of mine and myself decided we was going to work as strippers. We went to the strip joint and they hired us on the spot. We didn't go back but we had bragging rights for awhile..LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The one I have now. I work at a school where I deal with everything from the spoiled to the neglected. I deal with the ones that are forbiddd to get p/u by the other parent because there is a restraining order and the ones that aren't picked at all because BOTH parents forgot about them. I spend more time with some of these kids then their parents do. I trip out sometimes and feel like I am in a surreal life. People have kids like they are nothing. Just a mouth to feed and a body to clothe.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• *forbidden
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i had to stick my finger into chickens peepee holes for a while. That was fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• LAMO! Anon, did you at least buy them dinner first?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I also did the nanny bit for a SAHM. Whatever! She was down stairs the entire time while I spent 10 hours occupying 15 month old twins in their BEDROOM! They had a fridge, microwave, and a bathroom. Those poor kids never left their bedroom. Now I had a baby-sitter for once a week when I had some "me" time to go shopping or run errands for DH's store but come on! If you have kids take care of them!
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:04 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I worked at a hunt club (mostly sporting clays, my now-husband did the bird hunts). I loved it & made good money, but I'm still surprised I made it out alive. I had a barrel pointed at me more than once! We also flipped a golf cart once & walked away unharmed. It was a fun job but weird for a 16 year old girl to have.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• when i was 16, i worked undercover for the state patrol. i would go into gas stations, liquor stores, etc, and try and buy cigarettes without an id. i got paid $50 for every place we went into, and would make like $400 in an evening. and then the guy i worked with would take me out for dinner! it was awesome. man, i wish i could have a cake job like that now. :)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My sister and I telemarketed for a cemetery.
    AngieG.

Answer by AngieG. at 9:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I cleaned and repaired hearing aids. Pretty gross. I can't look at an old person now and not imagine what kind of crap comes out of their ears.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009