Tubal Ligation "at time of delivery"

I signed the papers last week to request to have a tubal ligation after I have my daughter. We've only ever wanted two children, and having two under two at age twenty-two is just it for me. Anyhow, the paper said "Request for tubal ligation at time of delivery." When exactly would they be doing this? I mean, exactly WHEN "at time of delivery" would this be? After the cord is cut, the next day, the last day I'm there? Also, does anyone know the recovery period after this procedure if any? Thank you!

Asked by MamaPyratekk at 12:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Health

• If your having a C section they will do it after they deliver the baby. If not then proally the next day or knock you out after delivering. I had mine done 2 weeks after I gave birth, and it was same day surgery for me 16 years ago so i'ts probally still the same. Believe it or not I went home, took a 4 hour nap, got up, took some tylenol and went to work! Yes there is some cramping but no worse than a bad period for me. All women take it different though.

Answer by vbruno at 2:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If you have a C-section they will do it @ that time. Some doctors will tell you to come back for your checkup. My cousin had hers done before she was discharged from the hospital after having her baby last year.

Answer by Mz_Lady1978 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Thanks for the answers so far ladies, and just for information's sake I am hopefully NOT having a c-section ;D

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 5:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2008