How can I survive the first months w/o killing my boyfriend?

I have hit a wall in my relationship. My boyfriend took time off for paternity leave and I want to pull out my hair. He went back this week , but still has three more weeks he can take when he pleases. First couple of days were great and now I just find everything he does either wrong or annoying! What do I do?

petafox82

Asked by petafox82 at 2:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• First ask yourself why you find everything he does wrong or annoying. Then address wether is really worth getting upset about.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• That happens. I think it's because you have your own set routine when he works. He is use to working. It's throwing you out of your little "comfort zone" with your daily plans and it's giving him reason to be testy. I think you both are just reacting to being "out of your environment" so to speak.

Maybe ask him if he wants to go hang out with his buddies at a pool hall, golf, ride motorcycles (or whatever he does for a hobby) and you just do your mom thing while he's gone. he'll come home refreshed after spending time with the guys and you'll have some kind of order in your day for the most part.

You could ask him too if he wouldn't mind watching the baby and maybe you can go to the park and read a book, or just go to the mall or something just to get out for an hour. Plus with a new baby lack of sleep can make for two very cranky people. LOL. Maybe you two could do shifts and take naps if that's what you really need.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009