Does anyone have any advice to help me understand my depression?

I don't feel good about myself. I think I am the most unfortunate person that ever walked the earth. I have no friends, am constantly mocked, teased, ridiculed, bullied, and neglected. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 15. Everybody laughs at me and bullies me because of this. For these reasons, I am mostly to myself, unless I'm with my grandmother or my fiance. They are the only two who understand me and what I'm going through. I just need a friend, a REAL friend. Any advice?

nosoftkid24

Asked by nosoftkid24 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• If you have no friends, then who is ridiculing you.. siblings? parents? old friends? WHO? Search deep, sister!! Figure out why the outer influences are so affecting your deep self. Try to block out the negative stuff and search deep for what you want. If you have tried this then go see your Doc and get on antidepressants. Good Luck@
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I was extremely depressed between the ages of 10-19. I got picked on, teased, etc.; the same as you. One day I finally said F YOU WORLD.. and started being happy with myself. It was hard. Probably the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. But I did it. I still have depressing days and I am still pretty antisocial but I've come a long way. I two friends plus a fiance. Believe me - thats enough for me. lol I think that you have to find your moment when you sit back and say F YOU WORLD.. and start being happy with yourself. I never believed the saying that you can't love anyone unless you love yourself or vise versa. But there is a lot of truth in it. If you need someone to talk to, my name is Heather.
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 2:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• So you were diagnosed with depression. This is a disease that requires treatment. Medication can "kickstart" the process, but therapy is required to help you cope and recover.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Something I learned after many years of therapy is that people can't make you feel something, you do. When you take away others' power to make you feel bad you get that power back. For instance, when someone calls you worthless, your brain is jumping on the bandwagon. If you tell yourself "No, I know that's not true" it ceases to have any power. It's very difficult to break this negativity cycle but you can do it.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009