are you serious a homeless shelter calls a WII game console a need???

Our Needs Are Simple...

The following items are most needed at this time

Urgent need:

Toilet paper

Paper towels

Hi-Chairs

Double Strollers

Diapers, size 6

Ladies undergarments sizes 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 only (new)

Musical instruments

WII consoles and WII games

Office supplies - copy paper 8-1/2 x 11"

Bleach

Individual bottles of water

Shower Curtains

Potty pads/under pads for our pets at Noah's

Toothpaste - small size

Deodorant - roll-on or stick

All-purpose Cleaner

Healthy snacks - fruit cups, pudding, granola bars, nuts

Trash bags - 13 gal., 33 gal., and 45 gal

Postage stamps - 44 cent or Forever Stamps

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OK , before I go to bed I have to say I disagree with my friend Ronjwake again, Damn girl are we on or off the rag!.?If a child is homeless and struggling with his mom and or dad why would you want them to have luxeries that they most likely won't have at home? My son does not have a playstation or any game console. He had a PSP and I lost it on a trip on the Greyhound but I think if families are really struggling the kids would be happy with board games and puzzles and to have a nice place to sleep. Furthermore, if we have the money to donate a Wii then why don't we donate BEFORE we see a question like this? Goodnight and I love you all. Keep on. keeping on.

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• whaaaaaat? it isnt?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 2:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• From this list I would think that this is a shelter for women and children. I see nothing wrong with listing WII's on this list. Homeless children are still children. And children need a form of fun, WII's are game consoles that involve movement, which could be a form of exercise.
    I am more disappointed in your response to the children derserving a bit of fun in a troubled time then by the shelter asking for WII's.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• its not an urgent need
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I will agree to disagree with you Mrs Owen86 on this subject. Better yet give me the link to this and I will donate a WII to this shelter. Thanks
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I agree with ronjwake

I know our Womens Shelter does not have a place children can go outside to play.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I agree with Ronj. Kids need fun, especially when they are going through hard times like homelessness. Just because they are homeless they shouldn't have fun?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• OP: I am serious in asking for the link to this. If you do not want to post it here please sent it in a message to me. I would be more then happy to give a child that is going through a rough spot in their life a little bit of fun. Thanks
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't consider a Wii an urgent need, now if they said a video game console and games, it would seem a little better. I mean Wiis are new, so most people aren't just getting rid of them, and they certainly aren't cheap. It seems a little tacky for a charity to ask for a Wii as an urgent need. JMO Toys for children, yes, a specific $300 gaming console, not so much.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Gigi, I also agree to disagree with you yet again tonight. I think of my own son and what if god forbid one day we would one day be homeless. I can not imagine what these families are going though in this time of their lives. If the shelter is asking for certain items then there must be a good reason they are asking for these items. I am sure the Director of this shelter didn't decide that ok let's see if we can get a few WII's just for shits and giggles. Again, WII's are a good form of exercise for children (and adults). And what is wrong with letting a child have a luxory while in a shelter, should they only eat chicken noodle soup because they are in a shelter? I think we both know the answer to that one.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2009