How can I help for my daughter ?

I am tired of my daughters friend being mean to her all the time. After an afternoon of abusive language towards my daughter I confronted the child asking her not to do it anymore. I spoke to the parents afterwards the father responded well admiting his daughters known behavior but the mom was in total denial. The two girls share the same friends and when my daughter wants to play with the children only the one child is mean to her but the other children don't say anything. We want our daughter to quit playing with the mean child but then she will loose her other friends also because they still play with the other girl. HELP!!Drama, Drama

girlymom111

Asked by girlymom111 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Try to get your daughter involved in activities that will help her develop a new set of friends. Scouting; if you belong to an organized religion, there is probably a youth group; art or dance or acting classes with also help build her self-confidence.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think you need to get your daughter to stand up for herself.She should tell the girl to stop talking to her like that.People like that want someone to stand up to them.Or your daughter could use humor to create a diversion.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Help your daughter understand she doesnt have to be abused. She needs to learn how to stand up for herself. Help her have confidence in herself. If you continue to take care of the problems she will never learn how to deal with them.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2009