2 month old?...

When did ur baby officially sleep thru their first night?? .... Like didnt wake up to eat for more than 9 hours??.... is it too early for my 2 month old to be doing that?.... is it bad for her to go 7-9 or more hours?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no it's not too early, my son started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old. if she is waking up hungry, you can put some rice or oatmeal in her last bottle before she goes to sleep. I will keep her full longer, so she will sleep longer.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Sleeping through the night for an infant is a mere five hours. Don't expect seven to nine in year one. It CAN happen...just don't expect it to.

And if you're considering sleep trainig....way too early. Six months is the minimum that even the sleep training experts recommend.

Here's what they never tell anyone till it's too late...when you become a mom, you sign away full nights of sleep...forever. Because it will ALWAYS be SOMETHING, even when the babies sleep through! **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• "if she is waking up hungry, you can put some rice or oatmeal in her last bottle before she goes to sleep. I will keep her full longer, so she will sleep longer."

Myth, unfortunately. It doesn't make them sleep. Some babies HAPPEN to sleep...again, it's something that CAN happen but shouldn't be expected.

And cereal in a bottle is a choking risk. Don't know about you...but I'd never sleep again rather than run the risk of my child never waking again, y'know?

Answer by gdiamante at 4:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My son started sleeping through the night at two months and for awhile i would wake him up to feed but his doctor told me that if he is sleeping through the night then there was no need in waking him up or myself in the middle of the night for a feeding. He also told me if my son was hungry he would let me know. Until then enjoy the rest
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 4:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Cereal in the bottle is bad for many reasons, and before six months babies should have only breastmilk or formula. My daughter was 8 months old the first time she slept six solid hours; all babies are different.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• From your question it looks like your baby DID do that... am I wrong? If so, no need to worry. You could be one of the lucky ones. But also don't tell too many people because it may not last :)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Putting cereal in the bottle worked for my son && your supposed to hold them while feeding anyway, so if they do happen to choke you'll be right there. Propping the bottle up on a pillow puts them at higher risk for ear infections && choking. But then again, I introduced my son to a lot of things earlier than the doctor suggested.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009