What would you of done?

This weekend I took my son to the park and we were have a great time. Then suddenly i could hear a man yelling at what i believe is his wife. I looked around and noticed the yelling was comeing from the house right next door to the park. I told my son to go play farther away from the house. I heard this man hit the woman about three time and continue to yell at her. Once I heard him hit her I called the police. So Just wondering if you were me would you had the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Absolutely. You did the exact right thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would had done the same thing as you. No doubt about it.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 4:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• yes
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yes, I wouldn't have even hesitated. You did the right thing.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• you may have saved her life!! thank you
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yes I would call the police and have.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• yes i would have done the same thing
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 4:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I probably wouldn't have, only cuz some people are crazy. Some women actually get turned on by that behavior and who knows if they were in the middle of foreplay? I wouldn't know. So I wouldn't have bothered calling.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 5:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You did the right thing. While I see milmiracle's point, I disagree with not calling. Even if they were doing a mutual roleplay, foreplay whatever kind of thing, to be that loud that close to a park where kids are playing isn't appropriate. At least, if that's what it was, the cops could have told them to keep it down.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would have called, of course, in situations like that, she probably just downplayed it to the cops so they would leave, probably didnt press charges either, just how it goes.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2009