This woman yelled at me infront of my kids for yelling at them. I see her around all the time now, should I confront her?

I was walking with 2 of my kids (3 and 4). There was a hunk of cement that they were throwing around. I told them to stop and they didn't, several times. My son was the most recent throwing offender and I knelt down and told him how dangerous it was. At that time DD picked up the cement and threw it. So I yelled, "I just told your brother to stop and now you're throwing it?!?!" I yelled out of frustration and walked ahead of them so that I could have a min to calm down. I then knelt again infront of them both and appologized for yelling but that it was dangerous to throw rocks and other hard things. While I'm doing this a lady across the street yells at me that I shouldn't yell at my kids and that I need help. Sure I shouldn't yell at them and that's why I took a moment to calm down so that I wouldn't overeact again. Help, sure who couldn't use help, was she being helpful? No!
cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• just ignore her, if you respond to her or confront her it is just going to make her more apt to intagnize you when she sees you.
    by the way you did nothing wrong yellin at them, becuase they were doing something dangerious
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 4:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I told her that my kids don't need to see her reprimanding me when they are being disiplined for something wrong.
    Should I say something to her, she works near my house and I see her walking to the bus stop or in the grocery store near my house.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i agree the post above, shes not your mom dont listen to her shes just trying to get to you. just ignore her and do what you have been you did the right thing
    SammiTaylorTM

Answer by SammiTaylorTM at 5:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would ignore her unless she makes it an issue and tries again to tell you how to raise your kids. Then I would tell her to mind her own business. Sometimes people are so rude.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 5:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't think she was being helpful at all. I think she was meddling and if u didn't say anything to her then I wouldn't say anything to her now. I believe since u see her around often u will get your chance eventually and it will be "PERFECT".
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 5:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Personally, I'd run around a few days without my kids and kick her ass. And kick it hard.

But I'm known to hold grudges. :P
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2009