Kan. abortion doc killed in church; suspect held

Can someone please explain why it was OK to KILL this man? This man was in church! He was a father and grandfather himself. He dedicated his life in womens health care and womens rights. Why does it seem that so called religious people are the worst and feel they can take another life to justify the way they feel or what they feel is right? What was their point? Did this solve anything? NO. There will be more doctors like him. I'm sorry but this just disturbs me on so many levels.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I've been astounded at some of the comments on this at CM, and frankly, I'm terrified that some people here have reproduced and are raising the next generation of little pro-fetus drones.

Pro life should mean ALL life. Be it a zygote, a full term fetus, a three day old baby, an abortion doctor, or an Iraqi civilian. Too bad the pro-lifers only care about two of the examples I gave.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 8:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• noone said it is ok
    also what does church have to do with anything ?
    how about that kanasas church that protests soldiers funerals?
    that aint right either . its to early why start drama already ?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Not about starting drama but it seems you want to take it there. I'm really curious because it is mostly the Christian people who take it to the level as mentioned. This man was killed in church for crying out loud. I'm not talking about soldiers even though I know that happens so please keep on subject. Please if you or anyone can't answer respectfully just move on. I'm asking for opinions not to be bashed by grown women. It really is easy just to skip this question.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• OP, who said it was ok?
    You are asking a lot of questions that can't be answered yet. Too early into the ordeal. Do you want people to speculate the actions of one person?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• OP, who said it was ok?

Look around it's all over CM. Women professing their glee and joy over a man getting killed. The same Christian who profess their love for god, but have no problem with him being shot in church in front of other parishioners. The same PRO LIFE people that say " Love the sinner, hate the sin"

Of course I tell them he will be in heaven just like they will be. And with any luck he will be there to greet them when they go to heaven.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 7:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I am a Christian and if this man was killed b/c of his involvement in abortions, then it IS WRONG!!!!

In every group (including Christians) you have radicals out there, who make the entire organization look bad.

Please do not judge us all by the worst among us. Just b/c they CALL themselves Christian does not make it so.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• PestPatti well said and mom2two I agree. I should have said "some" as in the radicals. Thank you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Gotcha. I haven't seen anyone specifically say that it was OK for this man to be murdered. But like said before, every group has radicals. But what factual info do we have on the suspect? I haven't been following. Is the suspect a confirmed radical pro-lifer?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• A church? Yes

People like him wouldn't have wanted to attend a real church. Obviously he did and wanted to with his wife who was in the choir.

He would have felt very uncomfortable at a church where the Bible is actually used! I don't know how he felt.  I assume he didn't since he attended CHURCH.

Maybe he gave BIG offerings at THAT church.................. What does that have to do with his horrific and unjustified death?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yes, they have a suspect in custody.

Anonymous