How can I not return to work?

I am only suppose to stay home 12 weeks from work, but with the cost of daycare for two kids it is not practical. I need help how do you girls stay home and afford it? How do you get insurance? Help

Hilliardmommy

Asked by Hilliardmommy at 6:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, for starters...MOST of us are MARRIED, and we had our children after completing our education, establishing our careers, saving some money, buying a home, and waiting to have children in our late 20's/early 30's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Put the kids on Daddys insurance. If not married u have to work- ur going to have to work- get child support. Show ur hubby the cost of daycare- if marrried for 2 kids and tell him it is stupid to work just to pay that and not have any money for anything else, might as well watch them yourself.
    Tell him about extra colds u catch in daycare, worried about strangers watching ur kids, etc. Tell him u really want to stay home- kids would be taken care of better by their own Mommy who loves them- will kiss their boo boos, and give them one on one that is impossible to get in daycare- they dont have time to give all the kids one on one attention. Write it all down- the pros and cons and show him the list. Ur kids can play withother kids at the park/playground and library story time, etc. Dont just send them for playmates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Wow that first answer was harsh!!! Look on some of the groups here for work at home. They have some great info for you to consider. Daycare is way to expensive and me personally just didn't want to put my daughter in one at all. The company that I worl with is Ameriplan and you are your own boss so it's great when you have kids cause you work when you can and not when someone tells you to. I work completely around my daughters napping schedule :) Visit my site for some more info and we can chat :) I know it's hard and listen to your heart, you have to do what's best for your family, don't let anyone tell you what to do. GOD BLESS
    www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 7:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

that is just B*tchy
    im 23 married thru college and have my 2nd child

op i would look in to assistance with day from the state
    daycare just costs way to much these days lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That was not called for she was looking for advice not your smart butt reply.

I agree with the PP look into day care assistance.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't go through a daycare center. We found a very reliable person who is certified and watches our son for $25 a day. I work from home, but there was no way I could work with our son home. We tried for the first 6 months and we were in the hole. Now, I'm making over $1000 more, and that's after daycare expenses, and he's there 3-4 days a week between 4-8 hours a day, depending on how much work I've gotten done. Look around, ask people. Sometimes daycare can be affordable! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• get them on medicaid, u could babysit other kids at home?
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2009