a question about porn

This isn't an is porn write or wrong post, I don't want to start that. This is what I want to know.

My husband and I went to a work BBQ for a guy getting ready to leave. The host was the boss, the big guy. Anyway, there were all kinds of people there, families and Children of all ages, including the hosts 9 year old daughter. In the downstairs guest bathroom was a magazine basket that was full of Penthouse.

Question (especially for those ok with porn, because I know the answer from people who don't like it, lol): do you think this is tasteless? If you were a boss and were having people over (including your boss) would you put away your magazines like that, or leave them out where everyone, including your guests children can see? I know lots of people are ok with porn, but don't you think for this party, you'd put it away? I thought it a bit tacky. What do you all say??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I say to put it away, not b/c of the company, but b/c of the children.

those are adult materials and kids do not need to be exposed to that everyday.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• He should have put them away so people couldnt see them - especially kids- religious people would be affended. I would have thrown them in the trash - that would teach him not to leave it out like that- he wouldnt no who did it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Honestly, I would have put them away. Now I personally do not any type of reading material in the bathroom... (that's just me) but for something like that and if it was a norm, then out of respect to all of the guests, those magazines would have been put away...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Eeeeeew he should have put it away and not had it around his daughter at such a young age to begin with. That would make me so uncomfortable. I'm glad to know he can get.....comfortable....on his toilet, but I'm sure his guests didn't feel the same.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Good Grief, they were not left out were everyone could see them. Besides what were you doing going though the mags while using the restroom? Are you not supposed to respect your hosts privacy and keep your sticky fingers off his stuff??

Perhaps it would have been tasteful for him to remove the mags from casual eyes before the party. But I don't see a problem with anyone keeping such material in the bathroom in any case. I'm betting he forgot they were there or thought that it wasn't that big of a deal. It is his house. Manners dictate that you use the bathroom and quickly leave, not rummage through his things.

And this is over Penthouse of all things! Penthouse is mild, tasteful and intellectual with humor. Your boss has good taste. Be damn glad it was Penthouse.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yes he definitely should have put them away for the party, and if he has young children then they shouldn't be out in the open in the first place.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Anon 49 It's people like you who do what you said to do that makes it really hard for any host to trust a guest in their house. And believe me, some hosts are smart enough to figure it out and make sure you and your dh was fired. Believe me, if I was the boss and you had done that.....you would not have any income from my business anymore. So keep your judgmental fingers off of peoples stuff. Especially when you're the guest!!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Isabella, they were laying right there in plain sight, no digging required, laying on the floor around the toilet and stacked, face up in a basket right beside the toilet. I don't care what he looks at, I was concerned about the children.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i dont mind porn BUT i would have put them away myself xpecilly if there were gonna be kids around. penthouse or even playboy i would make sure they were put in a closet in the back or even under the bed. is he single? that might be why he didnt put them away no girlfriend or wife to make sure it was done. lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• No, he has a wife. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009