• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else had the same reaction?

I picked up Lipozene at walmart one day when a co-worker said she lost some weight using it, and once I researched it I found it was really just fiber pills. I figured I already bought it, so why not try it? I took 2 one afternoon at work (it was a 6 hour workday so we didn't get a lunch) I took them around noon with a protein shake (the biggest loser one that has 50 calories and like 10 g of protein, tastes like dirt but what the heck). I then spent the next 2 hours wondering what I could pick up for lunch on the way home.
Funny thing is, I got out of work, went home, visited with some friends, cleaned the house, and at 630 PM realized I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast! I wasn't even really hungry but we were going out so I figured I should eat something first.
Anyone else noticed that these fiber pills make you not hungry for so long? Or am I just nuts?

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 7:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think the idea is that they fill you up, with fiber.....is that ALL they have in them, are you sure?

A lot of times they will have lots of caffeine to make you jittery, to burn calories.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• nope, just fiber from this weird south american root. I wish they made me jittery, but I'll take skipping the saturday afternoon taco bell run anytime!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It was probably a combination of the fiber and the protein shake you had. Both are meant to fill you up. Maybe you've stumbled upon something!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009