34 weeks and panic attacks

ok so im gonna be 35 weeks pregnant on thursday and last night i started feeling really panicky- i used to get bad panic attacks to the point where i would hyperventilate(sp?) but i haven't had one for this whole pregnancy- last night out of nowhere i got hit with one and right now im still shaking and nauseous from it- have u ever experienced this? it was like i felt shaky and cold and sick and i was worrying that something was wrong and i would fall asleep but jump up a few minutes later shaking and the baby was moving like crazy but in my panicked state i thought that meant something was going wrong lol- i know im crazy but please tell me that this is normal and ok - this is my 5th pregnancy but i dont remember ever feeling this- if u did go through this how did u overcome it? thanx

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you have a history of panic attacks then you need to talk to your OB immediatly. I have anxiety bad and they did not want me off my xanex throughout this pregnancy (I'm almost 36 weeks). I only take it when I feel like I'm on the verge of panicking, and I was told that when I start to feel regular contractions that I am not to take it at all because the baby doesn't need to be born lathargic. But if you think this would work for you, I would ask the Dr.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I used to get them all the time to the point where I couldn't even get in the car and do errands but I haven't had them in a long time. When I did get them I would usually go for a walk or go in another room and sit down and concentrate on taking deep breaths. Sometimes I would start something(like laundry or some other mundane task). Also, you should call the doc and explain and they can give you ideas too! Good luck
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 1, 2009