Bottle Feeding Amounts and Large Supply

How much breastmilk should DH offer at a time when I am not home. I know that the recommended amount is 3 oz. DD always eats both sides at a feeding and when I pump, I get 7-8 oz each time. So, should all of that go into the bottle? or should we stick with the 3 oz and freeze the rest? She's not chubby and the diaper count has always been 12-14 full a day.

cainjes

Asked by cainjes at 8:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always made 4 oz bottles for my son. I wouldn't freeze the rest though (not right away though) Keep the extra in the fridge incase she really does want the full amount. At the end of the day if she didn't take it, then freeze it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• As much as she will drink, if she only drinks 3oz, then only give her 3oz. IF she's eats 6-8 oz, give her that amount, have 2 three ounce bottles thawed and rady to go. My son was sucking down over 8oz when he was 2 months old, he was a pig
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2009