What could this be?

I have a red-strawberry, looking mole on my leg. I really don't think that it is a mole, it just looks like one. I first noticed it awhile back ago when I put pressure on the spot, it hurt like a bruise. It still hurts but in a larger area on and around this spot. I can even rub my finger across it without pain. What could this be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• I'm trying to find it at mayoclinic.com for you but I can't seem to..... I would see a dr. about that though.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It could be a hemangioma, I think that's how you spell it. I have several, they are really really red and look like moles. They are like a birthmark. But mine don't hurt. Go see a doctor to be sure. Better to be safe.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/medical/IM00306 does it look like this??? If it does then it's what GMR was talking about...but the website says they're birthmarks...I would go ahead and call the dr.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2009