please HELP... I'm in tears

my 3 month old cried all night besides sleeping. total of 4hrs of crying. wouldn't nurse. as a last resort i made her a bottle and she sucked it right down. (Saturday I drank 2 drinks so i pumped and gave her stored milk, I think she got use to the bottle. I really dont like to pump! SO now what? I can pump for a day or so and keep trying but Im sad. HAS this happened to anyone? I never ever considered formula an option.

daisy6878

Asked by daisy6878 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aww bless your heart, my first born did that, after 4 weeks I said screw it and put him on the bottle and he was a MUCH happier child. Butif breastfeeding is something you really want to do, you are just going to have to stick with it, she will latch on again.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• keep trying the breast they usually do go back on . im sorry your having a rough time
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Just keep trying... don't cave in to the bottle if she is on a "breast strike" Babies do this some times. If you feel like you NEED to get something in her put it into a cup (yes a cup!) she'll be able to drink it that way. (try a clean med cup)
    If you plan to use bottles down the road (for going back to work or whatever) Make use you have a bottle that works well with breastfeeding. SLOW flow is best so she still has to work for her milk... not so easy. We used the Breastflow bottles with my son and they worked well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• hmmm there are bottles out there that are shaped like a boob so its like a breast maybe try that and see if u can get her to brast feed again. i wish i could help u. maybe she was having a bad night. my dd did that cried all night and most of day i thought something was wrong and called her doc. his words " shes haveing a bad day" and i thought SHES having a bad day?? what about me? ( she was my first ) needless to say about an hour after that phone call she was back to normal it was a hard day. good luck hunny. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Don't give the bottle again - this is the only thing threatening your nursing relationship, and giving it again will be one more step to switching to formula.
    Me - I would chuck out the bottles and keep on offering the breast - because she -will- nurse again if you keep trying.
    It may take a few days for her to get back on track - and you may have a little less sleep - but a fully breastfed baby is worth it, I think. Good luck.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i could have ben the beers,if i eat certian foods my baby doesnt want to eat either.dont give her any more formula,she will give in
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2009