Is it normal for a 10 month old to not eat?

Ds is 10 1/2 months old and I can't get him to eat anything but goldfish, saltine and Ritz crackers. He doesn't like baby food and will only eat a couple small bites of whatever we're having. His doc said just keep putting food on his tray but he just doesn't eat it. Is this normal?

DaffysDoll

Asked by DaffysDoll at 9:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES! It's a phase I think. My son is the same age and went on a food strike for a few days (as did about 5 of my friends babys who are the same age)
    I didn't let my son have the things he wanted (which were crackers) and found things he does like... he LOVES kidney beans so I got him some of those but also bought him a 3 bean salad which shockingly he ate right up! Right now he's eating a fruit an cereal bar.
    I've also found if I'm not right in front of him while he eats he does better. So, right now he is accross the room where I can see him but I'm not interacting with him.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It is a phase, just keep offering him different types of food, eventually they start to try and like new things. One thing to remember is that you will find times where they will only eat certian things and then thier are times were they will eat just about anything, this will happen quite a bit for a few more years. They key is to always offer a variety, offer something you know they like and then some "new" stuff. Don't worry...right now food is for fun more then it is about nutrician, so relax and enjoy and know that it will right itself.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009