What are your potty training schedules n secrets?

Whats ur schedule for putting them on potty in beginning? Do u use diapers or pull ups...my daughters 25mos. ive done this before so ud think i be almost pro but nothing worked with my 3 yr old until i put her in panties n she got it right before she was 3.

MamaOf3Girls09

Asked by MamaOf3Girls09 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wait until ther are ready. They will not wear diapers forever, damn that would be embarrassing for them, he wait sorry guys I can't go to the football game tonight, My mom had to change my diaper.

Anyway, I pushed my oldest when he was just barely two. He fought me all the way and peed his pants until he was four. With my second I didn't push at all, we let him use the potty when he wanted to. He just potty trained himself this last week. He will be three in July. He decided he is a big boy and goes potty everytime, without any cajoling from me. We haven't used and charts or candy.
    It really has been super easy this time. IDK, But letting him do it on his own time has worked soooo well, that I don't know why anyone would push it early.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We trained with a sort of cold-turkey approach (no pull-ups) at 19 months. I had read up on a so-called "3-day method" but only considered using the method because it wasn't as gimicky as it sounds... it's actually basically a method lots of people have been using for years. You take your child shopping for underwear, try to get him or her excited about it, talk through it, and then the day you begin, it's no more diapers. You have to stay home for a few days and clean up lots of accidents. You put them in underwear and a shirt watch them like crazy and every time they show signs they are having an accident (or are about to) you rush them to the potty and reward them any time they finish on the potty, reminding them that is where pee/poo goes. Because she was so young, we kept dd in pull-ups for nap time (so we could re-use them when she didn't go) and diapers for bed. She trained for daytime in less than a week.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I tried many time then gave up when she wasn't getting it then finally she was ready i did plane panties she knew they were special and also did a timer wound it up 20 min or so when the bell went off time to try. we sat for 5 min timer bell went off time to get up. It worked
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• --I let dd run around for 5 days without bottoms on (easiest for SAHM). Just long Pjs/Tshirts.. Kept potty where she could see it & get to it fast & ask her every 15min or so if she needed to go Pee..
    Its the only thing that worked! she was 2.5
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2009