"America a Free Country" Then why do we worry so much?

We should be all glad that we live in America. Why people complaint too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not worried. I have faith in the constitution and in the American people. I think the constitution, as it is written, and the people in this country will ultimately keep us free. No matter what happens.

We ARE free. We can work where ever we choose, go to school where ever we choose, live where ever we choose, be what ever we choose and do what ever we choose. Within reason and safety of others, of course. No one is telling me that I have to stay home with my children or that I have to work and where I will work. They don't tell us how many children we can have, or limit my access to birth control.

The anon on the first page put it perfectly. Americans have no idea what it's like to live in another country where they aren't free.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• because its not a "free" country
    you have to think like everyone else otherwise you get called horrible things
    you have to be politically correct not speak your mind
    so no i dont see it as free
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Americans through around the word "free" and "dream" far too much.

From an outsiders perspective, American is not free, it is not safe, and it is not a good country to be in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We are not that free any more. Our freedoms extend further than most other countries do, but we do not have the same freedom we once did.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't know about that anon :43. There is no other country I would rather be in. Especially right now.
    I will agree that the word Free is used gratuitously. Not sure about your issue with the word Dream though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Many people complain about the course our country is taking and work to change the things they don't like because it takes constant work to keep the country free. You can't just "fix" everything and then sit back and let it go. It's kind of like growing a flower garden. You have to plant and hoe and pull weeds and water it and stake the tall ones, and stuff. You can't just throw out some seeds and forget about it. A country is the sameway. We have to be constantly on guard to make sure the elected officials do what we elected them to do, and when they don't we complain about it and encourage others to also complain and if enough people do then that politician is not elected next time, or if s/he is really bad, they are recalled and someone else takes their place.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Because not many Americans know what it is like to live in other places where rules forbid things we take for granted here, like safe voting places where we wont be gunned down for voting against the currant person in office, drinking alcohol when we damn well please without getting a fine, our news is NO where near as censored as people think it is, biased yes, but there are unbiased views out there if you look for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

I think that is put perfectly!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I agree with anon:49.
    Anonymous

• It trips me out how some Americans talk bad about this country of ours. No country is perfect.. I like it though. So if you hate America so much ,move to a different one(country that is).

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2009