What kind of sunscreen is best for children?

I just need to buy sunscreen before we head to the park.My kids are 5 and 12 if that helps.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Health

• My son is really fair skinned and burns easily. The only thing I have been able to find that actually works is made by a company called BullFrog. It works very well, and you dont have to reapply it near as often as others.

Answer by LandonsMommy324 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• They did a show on "Mike and Juilet" (a morning show) where Consumer Reports tested sunscreens on the best UVA/UVB protection. The one that was considered the best overall was, "Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry spf 45"

This sunscreen is fine for children. However, if you want one that is specifically for children, here is a list of ones that are for kids and approved by the American Skin Cancer Foundation:

I also want to mention that the ones that ranked the LOWEST by consumer reports were basically all of the spray sunscreens!

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 12:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Sunblocks with a high SPF and ones that are specifically made for children.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I just go to wam*mart and get the 50 spf at the leat expensive price.

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We have badgers-all natural!

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Try Arbonne Baby Care sunscreen. I use it on my son and he has very fair skin. We have a pool so we are out in the sun almost every day.

Answer by rasbneon at 2:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• All my kids a pale, and I use the baby SPF 50. It works well.

Answer by krcute2007 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Badger 35spf is the best on the block it is for adults and children. It is safest and mose effective.

Answer by stummegirl at 4:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009