Pro-life Question

I posted a question last night about pro-life. They told me You cannot call yourself pro-life if you are pro-war or pro-death penalty...

To me I call myself all of those. Pro-life (unless medically necessary), pro-war all the way (if the war is rightfully warranted), and pro-death penalty if some freak murdered another human being. Especially innocent children.
What do you girls think of that quote? Do you think it is true of false? And why or why not?

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pro-life (unless medically necessary)>>> I would say you are really pro-choice.. which is why so many people misunderstand pro-choice.. pro-choice is NOT pro-abortion.. pro-choice can be anything from supporting the womans right to choice.. to supporting the doctors choice in life and death situations.

pro-war all the way (if the war is rightfully warranted), and pro-death penalty if some freak murdered another human being. Especially innocent children.

>>> nothing wrong with your thoughts.. they are more sound that many people I know.. you accept that somethings are better off this way, rather than ranting it's wrong just because it's murder.. You are saying it's okay to go to war to protect your family... it's okay to get rid of a person who a serial killer/rapist.. rather than risk them killing/raping others. (in other words better one life than a few unjust deaths).. personally I agree with you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think its false. i am with you!! The babies have no choice. If we didn't have war then other countries would have taken us over by now. And inmates had their chance at life and screwed it up by murdering someone else. I am just like you! I am all these things and NO ONE is going to tell me different on what I believe in.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• if a man murdered a child...hell yea murder him, he does not deserve to live and deserves to rot in hell.
    war is needed sometimes..just how it is....to think of world peace is great, but impossible

i am pro life with babies
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well, I think you can call yourself whatever you want. To my knowledge there is no exact definition of pro-life and pro-choice. However I do admit I find it contradictory when people are pro-life and pro-death penalty at the same time. Yes, I realize those up for the death penalty have not been ideal human beings. But I think it's contradictory to define some 'human life' as sacred (even if it is a blastocyst without a nervous system) but other life deserves to be taken (if it's a fully fledged human being who has committed a crime.) I also find it confusing when people are pro-life even when it's a fetus with a fatal defect, but are willing to put to death an adult with an entire life ahead of them (during which time they might possibly redeem themselves and rectify some of the harm they have done.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I go by what my mom tought me in "two wrongs don't make a right" just cause they did something horrible doesn't mean we have a right to do the same to them.
    fyi my son was almost killed by a babysitter when he was 3 mo old and I was still able to forgive. Imo your so much better off not walking around with hate in your heart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• two wrongs dont make a right.
    but if a man murders and rapes a little gil.
    you really want him walking around knowing most likely one day he will get parolled? sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do what is necessary.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well, I think I can call myself whatever I want and have the right to believe whatever I want. I mean, if someone can call themselves a christian satanist, then I suppose I can call myself prolife and still believe in death for other things. See, they are just labels. They dont represent all that much and a label doesnt mean much to another person. If I ask someone what their political or religious beliefs are, they throw some label out at me. Well, being that I am not well versed in labels, I usually have to probe for actual beliefs. I have a younger guy friend that was a part of our youth group many years ago. His parents are super right wing conservatives and work in campaigns. I suppose he decided that he didnt agree so now when asked what his religious affliation and political beliefs are, he says... eclectic and moderate with leftist leanings....WTH? Its just a label. Be and believe whatever you want.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I am pro life all the way. I don't believe anyone has the right to kill anyone unless it is to defend their own life. I cry when our most innocent are slaughered in kill rooms(abortion clinics) each day. I cry when we lower ourself to the level of a murderer and execute someone. We have so many problems and sadness in our world because we do not value life and so many are self centered because they want that choice to murder their babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think they are three unrelated issues. Although I don't know that anyone truly is "pro war". The problem is that we seem to want people to fit nicely into catagories so we think we know how they are going to react. We want predictability. You are far more than the lables put on you or even the ones you put on yourself.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• See Pro-Life to me is the Protection of Innocence. The people who murder and/or rape just to be are not the innocent. They deserve death as punishment. They should not be given the change to be redeemed. Their would be convicted murderers and rapist living in every other home in the U.S. I would not be comfortable living with my two children next door to someone who has murdered or raped women and children. F**K that. They don't deserve to be given a second chance. The stories in which these people accidentally shot and killed someone then yes they could be redeemed. I am sick and tired of hearing the same old line, "Guilty for reason of temporary insanity." Come on Grow up. Everyone is using that line and taking it away from people who need that.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2009