period problem

My periods only come every 2 months and this time around its been 3 months I am 100% sure I'm not pregnant. I have 2 kids, and I am 21. I am also having mild hot flashes which is weird to me. I also have mood swings. I want to go to the doctor but I don't have insurance. I am a college student, and even though my mom could put me on their insurance she hasn’t and he has money to pay a doctor but she thinks its no big deal. This has been going on for over a year now and I am worried. Any one have any idea what it could be?? Any advice or comments will help thank you!

candace71306

Asked by candace71306 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• Your health is no longer your parents responsibility. No offence, but it kind of sounds like you want her to pay for it or pay for you to be on her insurance. You have two children of your own, you need to be responcible enough to take care of yourself.
    That aside- most towns have sliding scale clinics- or even planned parenthood- they will charge you according to your income- if there is none then the charge will either be zero or something VERY small. If YOU feel bad- go and get checked, it sounds like you know your body :) don't hesitate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Now can someone help me instead of criticize my situation, I work my butt off in school to be able to give my kids a life they deserve and yes I know I messed up when I had them too young but I would die for them. I am in the middle of a child support battle and that is the reason my parents are helping right now. I'm very grown and I know how the world works. I'm not saying the my mom is wrong for not helping me, even though she is my mom. I was just saying that I dont really have a way to pay for any med. bills right now. And we dont have any places where I live that will base it on income. My parents help me out a lot and I know how blessed I am for that and I am very thankful and I dont expect them to help me out any further than they want to. The only reason I let them help me at all is because it's whats best for my kids.
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009