Why do my towels and washclothes smell after washing?

I know this question has been ask on here before because I took the advice given. Nothing has worked for me. I have done vinegar, baking soda, no softner, used softner, bleach.......I have washed smaller loads, put them straight into the dryer.......nothing works. I bought new towels and wash clothes.....they stink too. My other clothes don't do this......so the washer repair man tells me it isn't my washer. HELP.....any other ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• if you throw towels into the hamper even slightly damp they smell from mildew. make sure after use you hang themon the door/shower rod/ect to dry completely before tossing in any type of pile. Fpor already stinky towels, have you tried soaking them in oxy, or reg detergent, or the mix people recommended? let them soak for a long time then rewasha nd see if it helps. That is a horrid smell and its mildew and if you smell it, they are still covered in bacteria :o(.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I usually wash them in vinegar and soap in hot water and my towel don't smell. Maybe try soaking them in hot water with vinegar and baking soda? If I think of something I will let you know! Good Luck!
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Do you use fabric softener?? All I use is detergent && fabric softener && mine smell fine.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2009