GM filing chapter 11 bankruptcy

GM has filed chapter 11 this morning (Monday, June 1, 2009). Plants will be shut down. There's also talk about the headquarters moving to Mexico. This is all very unfortunate. A business will do all that it can to protect itself, just a fact of life.

I'm still hearing of people talking about their dreams of by-passing an education to work at a factory, or nonskilled labor. Do you believe that the U.S. citizen should get out of the industrial mindset, and understand that we've moved into the information age, and take proper actions in accordance? Or, do you believe that do believe that the unionized factory labor will still exist in the future?

I believe that the individual should think of globalization, therefore invest in an education and study a second language. Your prospective?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 10:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe we had better learn Chinese. They will soon be the world leaders.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think we need more of the industrialized mindset, and we also need to keep up with the information age. Cap and trade will kill the idea of industrialization in the US though, since those costs will be passed on to the consumer.

I have other thoughts, but they go directly against the Obushma administration policies and I really don't feel like getting into that snafu today.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• well for those who thought that this would never happen it is happening and there really isn't anything we can do about it now.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Should been let sink or swim to begin with.....all that money and this is happening anyway told ya so
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I agree with you OP.
    Anonymous

• I think there will always be a field for unskilled labor. Someone has to do it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009