what religion would youcall this

i was asked to label myself..and i cant.....i always said spiritualist. i believe in god/angels/archangels/satn/evil/good/demons/spirits...but i also believe in the power of energy in chi, in earth, willing things to happen, reiki healing etc. i do not believe satan is some evil grrr guy, i think that satn/god are two balances and everything in life has to be balanced..you have to have teh gray area and the white area...without the evil no balance, withotu the good no balance, now im not saying evil people are great....no just that sometimes darkness does have a purpose as much as we may all dislike it. i believe anyone can talk to god..angels..spirits...etc.....just a matter of opening up your heart....i believe our souls are seperate from our physical body and can astral etc.
i alawys say im a spiritualist....but i was asked to break that down further..i dont think i really can

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx
    Take this quiz, it will tell you what you're MOST like.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• A deist, maybe? Like, you KNOW for certain something is out there but you don't subscribe to any particular religion?

I dunno, spiritualist works well too.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i have just never felt a huge need to classify it.
    i just follow what i feel but ehh who knows. would it be nice to meet others with the same...yea sure, but my beliefs are so eclectic and varied thats a bit hard
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Why do you need a label? When someone asks, just let them know your basic fundamental beliefs and if they want more, then say...come over and sit down and I will explain it more or ask them to be more specific like asking you how you feel about X or X. You cant break it down unless you know specifically what they are wanting to know. As far as what you are....I really dont know. I am not well versed in labels, but I believe even some people who identify with the same faith as me, dont believe the exact same thing....so its kinda all in perspective.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• huh..im 100 percent neo pagan, i dont know even know what neo pagans really are lol. 89 percent unitarian universalist, ive heard of them...81 percent buddhism,..those were the top ones.

the very bottomw as jahova witness, only 5 percent hehe
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i have to be honest, just raeding generic summaries..the Mahayana Buddhists sound.....wel lit fits me...their belief in god vs no god...their belief in afterlife....purpose of life....etc.....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• That just gives you an idea, and it's nice that you can read the summaries and do further research if you want from there. I'm comfortably Catholic, but I thought it was interesting to see my results and to see the similarities in some religions I had never even heard of.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• honestly i erad the neo pagan thing and ehh. i ralize i scored 100 percent in it but still......the buddhist part..i feel like i want to read up on that more now
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yea the belief O matic is just a starting place IMO it gives anyone who wants a place to start a search for the name of what they already believe. You go with what you feel suits you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• New Age :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2009