is it true that you can only sleep on your left side when pregnant?

how do you sleep if you are pregnant thanks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its not going to hurt you to sleep any other way.... for the first few months i even slept half way on my belly.. I took a pillow and layed under my belly and kinda shifted to the side to where all the pressure wansnt on my belly... I always had slept on my belly so it was a hard habbit to break because eventually it bacame impossible. LOL... But for the most part you can sleep any way that you are comfortable.
    phillipsmommy09

Answer by phillipsmommy09 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You dont HAVE to sleep on your left side. It just helps with a lot of things. When the baby gets big, it can press on some nerves and stuff if you lay on your back. It's supposed to help with hemorrhoids to sleep on your left side.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• When I was pregnant I slept on my left and right side, and I also slept on my back until it got too uncomfortable. I then put a couple of pillows behind my back and propped myself up and slept on my back. Oh, buy a body pillow. it will become your best friend. I used one that went from my knees up to my chest. It made sleeping so comfy.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• No, you can sleep on your other side or your back. It's just that you have the best circulation when laying on your left side so that the BEST position to sleep in, it won't hurt you to sleep another way though.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• sleeping on your left side is the best or your right to. if ur on ur back ur baby squishes ur organs and obviously if u sleep on ur tummy it would b very uncomfortable
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009