convertible carseat question...

so Callie is officially over the weight limit on her infant carseat, so I need to go out and get one. What do you think the best is? Which one do you have and why do you like it? Thank you so much for your responses. BTW, I don't care how much it costs, I just want the best one for her =)

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 10:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi, Britax makes the best seats, I really like the Boulevard CS, definately look into it. I love my Graco Nautilus it was inexpensive, has a high harness weight, but it is definately not for infants, it does not rear face, and its unsafe for a child under the age of atleast 2. An inexpensive option is the TruFit. It has a taller shell than most rear facing seats, so your baby wont outgrow it length wise. The Graco Myride65 has a very short shell, and most babies wont make it to the 40lbs in it. My son is in an Evenflo Triumph Advance and I really love it, it was $140, and its a good cheap option, without compromising safety. A britax will run you around $300+, but if you got the money honey go for it. Just know, that no matter what seat you get, as long as your baby is rear facing until 2yrs/35lbs, and the seat is installed CORRECTLY you are doing the safest thing for your baby, even if its just the $40 seat from walmart.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We bought a Graco Nautalis 3-in-1 convertible car seat for our son and love it. We got it at walmart.com for only 97 cent shipping and 40 dollars less than the in store price. Plus, it will fit him for a long time to come. It is rated for a 65 lb 5 point harness, 100 lb booster and more. Check out all the info at:
    http://www.gracobaby.com/Catalog/Pages/ProductListingPage.aspxcatid=10:41||1+10434:4294959424||1
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We have the new Graco MyRide 65. It rear faces to 40lbs and forward faces to 65 lbs (5pt harness). My DS is much happier in it than his infant seat. We got it at Babies R Us. It just came out so it is harder to find, but you can order it online (I wanted to try him in it in the store before I bought it to see how he looked in it and to actually see how the seat itself looked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have an Evenflo Triumph and love it. I like how easy it is to adjust the tension on the 5 point harness. It fits very well in our cars. It is one of the bigger seats out there though if you are tight on space in your car.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Do NOT get a Nautilus if she's under a year old! Wait until she maxs out the RF limit to her next car seat before turning her around. It's 5x safer to keep them rear faced as long as possible. I'd recommend the Britax Marathon, First Years TrueFit, Evenflo Triumph Advance, or the Cosco Scenera.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The Graco Nautilus isn't a convertible... but anyway.
    Britax is probably the best seat and costs the most... then Graco MyRide, Firstyears True Fit, Evenflo Triumph Advance, and Cosco Scenera (those are in price order - high to low)
    We have 2 of the Evenflo Triumph and a Scenera for car pooling.
    We picked the Evenflow Triumph because it's a top rated seat, we needed 2 and couldn't afford 2 of the higher priced seats, and I LOVE the infinity harness... you never have to re-theard the straps.
    Make sure you pick a seat right away... it's not safe to have herr over the weight limit.
    If you have a Babies R US (or even Toys R US) they let you try the seats in your car to make sure they will fit well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• thanks all...Ive been researching since I posted and it seems all of the positive and high ratings go for Britax Boulevard so Britax it is!! =) thanks for all the suggestions.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009