• In the Spotlight:

Global warming farce

Do you believe in the global warming farce or do you recognize it for the tax and control scam that it is? By the way, here in Northern Michigan I want my share of the global warming.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If you can't see it your blind imo. It's happening much faster than they thought would happen. Do some research on it. It is shocking and not farce. Here were I live (I lived in the same area all my life) the weather has changed sooo much since I was a kid. Just look up the stats for were you live and all the record breaking temps you have had in just the last 5 to 10 years.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• OP get an education please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If it was as bad as Gore said it was he would not live in 15,000 sqft mansions and pollute more in one day than I do in a year. It is a money maker for him. His opening sequence in his lame movie was stolen from a major motion picture and is all digital images that do not exist. If he practiced what he is preaching I might put stock in what he says. It is a farce. The sheep can believe what they like. Enjoy your one square of toilet paper and keep your lights off.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• it is a scam. We do need to do the best we can with keeping the earth clean, but forcing us to buy lights that come from China that are very dangers if you drop them, you have to leave your home for 15min. and the cleaning is worse.
    The cars are going to be so light that when people get in a accident they will die. You can't have black cars in California?? stupid.
    They keep us busy with all this B.S so we can't see what our government is doing to us.
    THE EARTH WILL GET HOT OR COLD IF WE WHERE HERE OR NOT!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Ya record breaking cold and snow. I have done ALOT of research and I don't just look at govt funded scientists. I also did alot of research on the Al Gore farce and even scientists who believe in global warming called it full of lies. It is just a hoax for the gullible.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well, since it isn't working out like they originally thought, they have termed it "climate change", so that could mean anything. And I think I recall that one of the studies they did (where they used a satellite to take pictures of the ice caps), was grossly exaggerated and the melting of the ice caps wasn't nearly the proportions they estimated. It's unfortunate that others won't look at all of the information out there to make their own determination.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The global warming hysteria is a crock! I remember back in 1970 or 71 they were predicting the beginning of another Ice Age,. They said that the polar ice caps were going to slowly increase in size till Florida was encased in ice! Now less than 40 years later, all the ice in the arctic areas are in danger of melting away completely. I call BS on Al Gore and his fear-mongering. I DO agree with cutting out greenhouse emissions as much as REASONABLY possible, and decreasing pollution and making our carbon footprints smaller, but I don't agree with the extremists and BTW, old Al Gore uses approximately MORE resources than any average 8 of the rest of us!

bad

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i believe that we need to watch how we much pollution we are putting into the environment. there are some things that make it pretty obvious that we need to do something or we will loose parts of our world. ive seen first hand how much the glaciers in Alaska are melting every year, much faster than years before. the depletion of the ozone layer is real too.

however, i dont believe it is so important that we should drop everything else & focus solely on it. we just need to make educated changes that will improve the world w/o us having to sacrifice too much. when Al Gore stops using so much energy, then i will believe him a little more :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It's pretty obvious that the climate IS changing pretty quickly. A lot more quickly than climate change has ever occured. And I don't think it takes a genuis to figure out that humans have a lot to do with it. We obviously are leaving a large mark on our planet. I don't go all crazy about controlling it, but it's pretty clear that we do need to respect the planet and try to minimize our impact on it.

It's NOT all record breaking cold and snow either... When I was a kid we had a lot of snow in Missouri and now they don't get much at all. And the temps rarely got over 100 and now they get several days over 100 every summer. The first frost last year wasn't until late November, and usually it's in October.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think its somewhere in between. Usually any theory that consists of extremism is a scam, a farce and meant to make people fear. I do believe that we are to take care of our Earth, but I don't believe this is a catastrophic issue that needs the government to control it because anything the govt is involved in.....is about money making.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009