How can I get my little man interested in potty time?

My little man is in pull ups but just doesent seem interested in the potty. I have bought him a new potty and everything. He knows when he has to pee but would prefer to go outside and pee..LOL I am open for any suggestions.

phillipsmommy09

Asked by phillipsmommy09 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• You don't. He will go in the potty when he is ready. I would never force a child to be potty trained.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It would help to know how old he is. If he is younger than 3 I would wait awhile and try again. If he is 3-4 personally I would lose the pullups. I think they are just like a diaper, you don't get as many and they are more expensive. I would try the thick cotton trainers that way he feels wet and knows he doesn't like it. I used a small reward with my three boys. For my first he loved M&M's so he would get one each time he went and two when he pooped. My last son, we used a mini marshmellow, he loves them. Eventually they both stopped asking for the treat as they get too busy doing other things. Try books on potty training too. Just don't push. Boys are funny about this sometimes. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think that is up to him, not u.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 1:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2009