Measuring kinda worried

(I am 32 weeks) So I was informed that I am measuring small not sure how small but the doctor said I have been meausring small the whole time but never said anything before she said I should get a u/s done but seeing as how I do not have insurance she said we should wait till my next appointment to see if anything changes. Do you know why I would be measuring small or what I can do to increase in size if anything!

Sbahns

Asked by Sbahns at 11:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how small your measuring as to whether this is a big concern or not. Measuring just a week or 2 behind is usually not room for concern. However if there is a significant difference in the number your measuring and the amount of weeks you are it would be a cause for investigation.

It could be something as simply as your due date which is really just a guess unless you were charting when you became pregnant and KNOW when you ovulated. Most EDD work off of the idea that all women ovulate on the 14th day of their cycle or the 14th day before the end of the day which is NOT true by any means.

It could also mean that you have interuterine restricted fetal growth. If this is the case your doctor can advise you as to the best plan of action. Sometimes they want to deliver immediately and other times they prescribe best rest and a high fat (healthy fats such as avacodo, Olive Oil and Hemp Seed) diet.

GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I was just at the dr this am for the opposite reason. I'm 32 weeks as well and always measured within a week of what I was. Now today I'm measuring 36.5 weeks. My dr said to get an ultrasound as well, since she is concerned that I'm up 5.5 cm in one week. She said it could be amniotic fluid increased quite a bit, so maybe you are lacking. Or your baby might be small. Have you had other ultrasounds to make sure that your dates are right. This will be my 5th ultrasound. As pp said if you are small by a week or 2 it is ok. When did you start measuring small or has it been the whole pregnancy? I would ask your dr. My dr said the ultrasound will give her more info as to what is going on and the possible outcome. GL
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009