Babysitting Contract

I am meeting a woman on Wednesday who wants me to keep her two children ages 2 and 6 weeks. I am charging her 70 a week and i am wondering how I should word the contract. i don't know what to include either in the contract. can someone do a sample contract or give me ideas so her and her childrens best interests are covered as well as mine....

Thank You in advance.

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why do you need a contract?

If I had to write one, it would be plain and simple, not too wordy.

I, ____ (name of employer), agree to pay $70 weekly to _____ (your name) for the service of babysitting ____ and ______ (name of children) for ______hours a week. Any hours over this will cost _____ per hour. I agree to pay on the day of _____ every week. I agree to give a two-week notice when babysitting services are no longer required.

Signed employer_________
    Signed employee________
    Signed witness_______-

But that's if you want to go all formal. Be sure to add the start date as well.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i would also include what the parents have to supply and what you are supplying. in ways of food, diapers etc...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Will they be sending you a 1099 at the end of the year?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2009