Has anyone used a copper IUD?

How do you like it? Do you worry about side-effects (especially dealing with pregnancy complications if you get pregnant or possibly having to abort)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• You could try a diaphram; no hormones, no class action suits, no side effects, instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have had one for a little over a year and love it. My periods are heavier in the first couple days and last a few days less then they used to. I worry about side effects with all birth control, but I can not use hormones so it was an IUD or NFP and I didn't want to take my chances with NFP.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• aeneva- Thanks... I cannot use hormones either (breastfeeding). I don't know, I think I would be freaking out all the time worrying that I was pregnant and had a baby at risk. Ugh.

rkoloms- Thanks. I have had bad reactions to spermicides (used with condoms) though and as I understand it, diaphragms are not very effective without them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2009