WalMart prices question

Our Wal*Mart was remodeled & it now has a grocery store. The ad has a bunch of rollback prices in it. I am wondering - is this 'rollback' price equivalent to the weekly sale price at a regular grocery store? Or is the rollback price the new regular price of that item?

Like - to get that price do I have to go while this ad is valid, or will it be this new low price for a while?

Like Tide is in the ad with a rollback price of $8.94 (was $10.97). If I don't go this week will it still be $8.94?

I know I'm making a huge deal out of this - sorry! I just want to know what they really mean by rollback. I always thought it was the new low price forever, but it seems more sale-ish in this ad. Agh!! hahaha

ErinMarie123

Asked by ErinMarie123 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Another store probably has it for a penny higher than their roll back price. Once the competetors raises the price Walmart will raise it back up. It is not a permanent price change just an adjustment done when a competitor is having a sale.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Wal-mart doesn't use the word "sale", they call it a rollback. The price may go up next week or next year, depending on other local prices.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Usually, they'll keep it at the rollback price for a while, then they'll raise the price back up. Sometimes it's a week, sometimes a month, it just depends. You can do price matching at Wal Mart, so if you see something cheaper in one of your local ads, Wal Mart will match that price at their store (if theirs isn't cheaper) Generally I find that our Wal Mart is cheaper on some things, but they are going up in price just as much as everywhere else. I like to think of it as trial and error. You'll figure it out =) and you'll learn to love or hate it too. LOL!
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• WalMart price matches. So, if you take other grocery store flyers with you when you shop at WalMart, you can get the sale price on anything. One week Brookshires had their grapes on sale for 99 cents, WalMart had them for $2.69. I just told them at the checkout and got them for 99 cents.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009