Would you be angry too?? Because I'm furious!!

My husband and i have been talking about getting a minivan for a while now, we have 3 kids and 3 carseats that are side by side in the back seat of our SUV. Our car is having a lot of problems now and we decided to get one this week, we can't really drive drive our car right now, so he calls today from work and says he and his mom...(which I do not speak to cause we had a huge arguement the day after x-mas) are going tomorrow to look at vans!! I am his wife and I'm not even included!! His mom gave him this house before I knew him and put it in his name, and they have done a lot to the house w/o me and my husb knew I had a prob with that so now they're going to do this together and it doesn't even have anything to do w me, I will never see the van as mine if she is picking it out, he's knows i'm not happy and doesn't seem to care. I'm the one who wanted the van most!!

KL24

Asked by KL24 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• is he taking his mom for financial reasons? Maybe he just doesn't want to bring the kids along- but whatever the reason, he isn't a mind reader- you need to tell him how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would not be happy, to say the least! I think he needs to get away from Momma, and, worry about his Wife and Kids needs first. Maybe, his Mom is going to buy the Van??? That would be a good deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Just tell him okay were are you going I will meet you their get a sitter and go if you can not get one take the kids but go and take charge

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You should ask if you can go with. You are going to be driving it for crying out loud. It should be something that you feel is functional for what you need, not what she thinks you need. If she is going with to help financially, that's one thing..but you should def be included!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i agree with the above poster.
    and make it completely clear that the van is supposed to be for you and your kids NOT his mother therefore she should not be picking it out YOU should be
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 11:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think you need to stop acting like a child. You should like a little kid who is throwing a tantrum
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't freak out, even though you're totally right to be mad. If you go off on him, its just going to make things worse. Remember, you want him on your side, not pushing him away! He should understand that you want to pick out your van. Maybe he and his mom are just looking as you say and not planning to buy somehting. I don't care what the mom arguement was about- as long as he has a relationship with her, you're going to have to pony up and move on with that drama. Seriously, it never worth it in the end. Go look at cars with them and be civil. You don't have to love her, but its going to affect your kids if you let this stand. I'm sure your husband would really value that effort, too. If you can't handle that, then tell him its ok for them to look, but you want to pick out what you drive.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• "I think you need to stop acting like a child. You should like a little kid who is throwing a tantrum"

HAHA!! Now I see why you put ur answer as annon. Because you don't want people knowing who the ingnorant person is behind you answer!! I asked for advice not to be called names, maybe YOUR the one who needs to grow up!!!
    KL24

Answer by KL24 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Thanks for all your answers...I did tell him that it bothered me, I mean he made this plan with her b4 he ever even talked to me. we talked more since then and I said..."If you had come to me and said why don't we look online and pick one out we like and I may ask my mom to take me. then I would be fine with it, but you just made these plans and already made the decisions, then told me this is what I'm doing." He agreed that he should've talked to me about it 1st and he was very sorry. So we are going to look online tonight when he gets home. It wouldn't have bothered me so much but he does stuff like that ALL the time, It's almost like he HAS to be in control or something, It's been an ongoing problem, but I feel a little better about this one. Thanx everyone!!
    KL24

Answer by KL24 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would definately be mad.Your husband needs to cut the apron strings.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009